Invisalignat Marlborough Orthodontics
Get beautiful, straight teeth with Invisalign
If you would like to get your teeth straightened, but don’t like the thought of wearing metal braces, you should consider Invisalign.
Unlike traditional metal braces which are fixed to your teeth, Invisalign are a series of clear aligners which you wear over the top of your teeth. They are made from clear plastic which means they are practically invisible to everyone else.
Invisalign braces work quickly with most patients completing their treatment within 12 months.
There are no brackets, wires or elastic bands with Invisalign, and you can remove your aligners to eat, drink and brush your teeth which makes them a much more hygienic way to straighten teeth.
Invisalign aligners can be used to straighten teeth, correct protruding teeth, close unwanted gaps and correct bite problems.
At Dentalcare Marlborough Orthodontics, our professional orthodontists will work with you to find out what you would like to change about your teeth and work with you to achieve this. Book an appointment to find out more about how Invisalign braces can straighten teeth quickly and invisibly.
How Invisalign braces work
At your first appointment, our orthodontists will take pictures and 3D images to show how your teeth currently look using a special iTero scanner. This modern technology allows us to see how your teeth will move and change on a weekly basis whilst wearing Invisalign braces.
Using these images, a series of aligners will be custom made for you, and these generally take a couple of weeks to make.
At your next appointment you will be fitted with your first set of clear aligners and given other aligners in the series which you change frequently.
For the treatment to be effective, it is important that you wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day and so we recommend only taking Invisalign braces out to eat, drink and to brush your teeth.
Your orthodontist will monitor how your teeth are moving until you have finished wearing all your aligners in the series. Within just a matter of months, you will be left with stunning straight teeth and a beautiful smile!
The benefits of Invisalign clear braces in Marlborough
Patients in Marlborough and throughout Wiltshire love Invisalign braces because:
- The aligners are made from clear invisible plastic which means most people won’t know you’re having your teeth straightened
- Invisalign braces can straighten teeth but also correct protruding and crowded teeth plus bite problems
- Treatment time is fast with most patients having their teeth straightened in a matter of months
- The clear aligners are removable, so you can take them out to eat and drink and for extra special occasions such as a wedding. We ask only that you wear your Invisalign braces for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours on usual days
- It’s easier to maintain a better oral hygiene with Invisalign. You can brush and floss as usual so that food and plaque are less likely to build-up like they can with fixed braces
- There’s no need for brackets, wires or elastic bands to straighten teeth with Invisalign
- You do not need to visit your orthodontist as frequently as you do with fixed braces because you are given plenty of aligners upfront
- Invisalign braces are suitable for most adults
- At Dentalcare Marlborough Orthodontics we offer 0% interest, plus finance plans to help spread the cost for Invisalign: making these affordable braces
- We work with you to achieve a personal, holistic approach to straighten your teeth. This will take into account your dental and general health as well as your lifestyle
Frequently asked questions about Invisalign
Can anyone wear Invisalign braces?
Invisalign treatment is suitable for most adults. The orthodontist at our surgery will need to check your mouth and teeth to make sure that you can wear Invisalign. In some severe orthodontic cases, it may not be possible to straighten teeth with Invisalign, but this is quite rare. Children and teenagers may not be eligible for Invisalign teeth straightening, as their teeth and jaws are still growing. You can get more specific advice from your orthodontist at your appointment.
Will I be able to notice changes to my teeth on a weekly basis?
You should do yes! You will notice on the first day that you change your aligners that they may feel tight. This shows that the treatment is working and that your teeth are slowly adjusting. Before you even start wearing Invisalign braces, you will be able to see how your teeth will look on a weekly basis throughout the treatment using the 3D images. Many Invisalign patients also take frequent selfies of their teeth so that they can see just how fast their teeth are moving!
What are the dos and don’ts for Invisalign treatment?
It is important that you do not eat anything whilst wearing your Invisalign braces as you may end up chewing through the plastic aligners and breaking them. Please do not chew gum. You also should not drink anything except water whilst wearing Invisalign braces as it will cause staining to the aligners as well as to your teeth. You may find that you have to cut down on drinking lots of tea, coffee as well as snacking because it will mean having to remove your clear aligners too unnecessarily.. You need to wear your Invisalign braces for at least 20 to 22 hours a day. You should brush your teeth as well as brush your aligners after every meal.